Thursday, January 19, 2012

Finally....

OMG
   It is soooo good to be back on a regular computer... well a laptop at least. I desktop kicked it a little while ago and since we both have smart phones we didn't really worry about it too much and used them for all the other internet stuff we were doing. Unfortunately, as I found out the hard way, blogging is just not as easy that way. :(


   On the bright side I have had much more time for "hooking",. *tee hee* I love phrasing it that way lol
I've been learning plenty more techniques and refining some old ones. I think I finally have a pretty good handle on tunisian. Not to mention colour changes. And I owe that all to a fabulous crocheter out there by the name of Geraldine, I'm sure most of you out there have already heard of her (and her absolutely spectacular Mario Obsession Blanket... wow ), on her blog she has included a very helpful tutorial on how to correctly do a colour change in tunisian. Phew! Now I know it really was just me goofing it up and that's not what it's supposed to look like.


   As for new techniques....... dum dum dummmmm ... I have ventured into the world of Irish Crochet. And dear god is it going slow. lol It's just so beautiful I can't seem to put it down. Hopefully I can have some finished work good enough to post soon.


Oh well, four projects on the go, better finish at least one of them soon.  But here are some things I finished over the holidays:

                                     The "eyeball pillow" I made for my dad. hehe love the stress lines


                                          Playing around with some motifs
                             My super comfy slippers
                           my first homemade wreath oh god sparkles EVERYWHERE!!!

                        What to do when you can't find a hair clip??? TA - DAAAA steel hooks to the rescue (also keep in mind my hair comes to just above my bum... strong hooks lasted almost 6 hrs)
So my mom knitted some sweaters for the girls for Christmas........ I love that she always buys WAY TOO MUCH. But she did make $20 off of me.  

TTFN & HH
tata for now and happy hooking


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers