Ok, so there goes another week of work over with.. Thank God! I swear these weeks are starting to drag on longer and longer as the weather gets worse. What I don’t understand is why people seem to see the sense in leaving the house and driving in a foot of snow to go and get dinner. That’s right, I’m in the food industry. But hey at least I’m a manager. Don’t get me wrong a job is a job but I think the only reason I am bitter about it is because I am also a trained Medical Office Assistant/Transcriptionist ….Diploma and everything… the only problem is no one will hire me. See I did my training with one of those fancy at home school programs while I was on MAT leave with my son but it didn’t offer the field training that everyone seems to want you to have. YAY me.
So anyways. The trials and tribulations of my work.
Disclaimer – This is nothing personal, please don’t think I cam attacking anyone, I just need to rant a little and apparently they don’t like that when you do it at work.
All I would like to say about the food industry is I would really appreciate it if people (customers) took a little more consideration for the person behind the counter when they are ordering. I don’t know why but for some reason people seem to think that because you are making their food they are better then you. Well I need to straighten this up right now.
If you have had a bad experience in a fast food joint/ restaurant there is probably a reason and it was probably you. How we get treated really does affect how you are treated. For instance I had an employee called incompetent by a customer all because she didn’t here that they wanted the sandwich toasted. Really??? I hope that person felt better about themselves after since the employee felt horrible and was upset about it for the rest of the night and for a couple of days.
Now, with all do respect I would like to include something I like to call…
RULES FOR ORDERING AT A SUBWAY:
1. Please speak up, it is very loud behind the counter and the glass blocks a lot of sound. And I’m pretty sure no one is going to care or make fun of you for something you ordered.
2. Try and know what you would like before ordering. Or at least an idea. If you haven’t a clue ask the person behind the counter they may be able to suggest something.
3. If you find yourself waiting in line for a while can you please spend the time figuring out what you want. There is nothing more annoying then not only having a 5 mile line-up to deal with but having someone who has spent the last 5 min waiting and they don’t look at the menu once until it is their turn.
4. Be patient, we can only move so fast. Once you get a turn to order just think to yourself “well I’ve waited this long. No sense in bitching” and then take a look at the line and realize, wow it’s actually getting bigger.
5. If there is a drive-thru (and mine has one, unfortunately) please don’t get angry when the drive-thru gets answered. It sucks I know but we have to serve everyone.
6. Last but not least… Shit happens. We will run out of stuff even if that’s what you wanted at that time. There isn’t magical elves in the back constantly making stuff, it all comes from a warehouse and sometimes orders are inaccurate and we run out. As for the bread, it takes a ling time to cook and we can never guess what will be the more popular type that day. So please please please don’t get angry when your favourite flavour has run out. It’s not our fault.
Phew, so anyways, sorry about that but I feel better now.
As for my projects this week. Like I said the weeks are getting longer and longer and I’m finding it harder to complete things lately. But at least I did finish my shawl I’ve been working on for myself. That’s right I finally made something for myself that wasn’t slippers haha. The only thing is now both my son and daughter want one too lol.
I’m so excited too, I finally found a pattern for all the NHL logos and I’ve been working on them in Tunisian. Well I’ve only really been working on one right now, but I will eventually get them all done.. I’ll post a pic once I’ve finished. I think what I will do is make an afghan as kind of a practice and each square will be on of the logos. Hmmm. I think I have some graphing to do. ☺
Well that’s all for tonight I think. And again, I’m sorry if I offended anyone but those little things have been really bothering me lately and I had to voice them.